Top 10 September 2023 Social Media Updates
It’s officially fall, and if you haven’t started planning your holiday strategy, you’re already behind. Don’t panic — you can catch up on the latest trends with our most recent installment of the Smirk round-up series.
Holiday Digital Marketing 2023
The busiest time of year for many marketers is right around the corner. The National Retail Federation predicts retail sales to grow 4-6% for both online and brick-and-mortar stores this year, well above the pre-pandemic average of 3.6%. If your digital campaigns aren’t as strong as they should be, you could be missing out on major sales this holiday season.
While you’re making your list and checking it twice, check out this month’s biggest changes:
- A new option to hide your like activity from your followers is being tested
- Circles is shutting down at the end of October
- An expanded bio section is currently undergoing testing
- New labels are now added to AI-generated content
- New Attribution Analytics give users more in-depth insights into their ad campaign performance
- The addition of Brand Partnerships Search will let users search for labeled content based on keywords and date
- A new AI filter helps users find more relevant, inclusive content based on their body type
- Users will soon be able to add AI-generated images or videos into their Shorts
We can’t stress this enough — holiday campaigns are not something you can just throw together last minute. It’s imperative that you have everything planned out before your busy season hits, from your social media to your website to your paid campaigns. A successful, well-rounded digital strategy takes time, along with in-depth industry research and knowledge.
Smirk’s team of experts can take your next holiday season to a whole new level. Schedule a free consultation and let’s get to work.