Top 10 October 2023 Social Media Updates
New Year, New Strategy
Take heed as we head into 2024 — it’s not always a good idea to try something new just because it’s trendy. Changing your content strategy should be paired with a lot of research and planning. Does this new approach match your target audience? Do you think you’ll be able to execute it properly? Don’t be afraid to try something new, but don’t rush to reinvent the wheel.
Before you start to brainstorm new ideas, take a look at this month’s top social media updates — you may just find a new way to switch up your content.
- The platform introduced new Reels Ad features such as collection ads, swipe left functionality and new Advantage+ automation solutions
- A new “Nearby” Stories feature is available to limited users
- Users can now add polls to the comment sections of feed posts and Reels
- A “Meta Verified” filtered feed option is currently undergoing testing in the app
- The platform is testing a 15-minute video option
- A new “Out of Phone” ad option allows creators to utilize content on billboards, cinemas, retail stores and more
- Subscribers can now mark three desired roles per month as a “Top Choice,” indicating extra interest to recruiters
- Testing is underway on a new option that allows creators to pause comments on a specific video
- New display options for affiliate products are now available to creators
- Creators now have the option to select their preferred pronouns in addition to new audio description options for videos
Expand Your Audience
It’s never a bad time to think about revamping your content strategy — just like you get tired of the same old routine, your audience can get tired of seeing the same cycle of content over and over.
Need help thinking of ways to shake up your content and grab your audience’s attention? That’s our specialty! Reach out to a Smirk team member today and let’s talk!