Top 10 June 2023 Social Media Updates
Things are heating up in the social media world this summer — AI’s popularity and influence are at an all-time high, LinkedIn sheds a few features and Meta continues its rapid platform changes. We’re back with our monthly series of hand-picked platform updates.
Mix Up Your Content
As a brand, ensuring your content is not only unique but eye-catching is the best way to attract your target audience. With major platforms like Meta prioritizing moving content, creative assets such as motion graphics or original videos can be a powerful way to stand out from competitors as social media users are scrolling through their timelines.
Let’s take a look at this month’s top social media updates — what can you integrate into your content mix?
- A new AI-powered ‘Script Generator’ helps creators develop video ideas
- Users can now download publicly posted Reels to their camera roll
New Reels ad options and music optimizations expand content reach
- The platform has pulled the plug on carousel posts, profile videos, and its in-image linking option
- Company Pages now have the availability to send and receive DMs
- A swirl of platform updates includes new creator insights, Reels templates, editing options, Professional mode (ProMode) and more
- Entry requirements for the Partner Program have been lowered to give more creators opportunities for monetization
- Advertisers have more opportunities to get their ads in front of audiences with newly-launched Premiere Spotlight and Travel Catalogs coming this summer
- The character count for Twitter Blue subscribers has been expanded… AGAIN. Now users can now publish tweets up to 25,000 characters
- The window to edit tweets for Twitter Blue subscribers has been extended to 1 hour
Don’t underestimate the visual element in your next social post. In addition to having strong copy, it’s equally important — if not more — that the creative it’s paired with is just as powerful.
In fact, the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text. Any visual you post to any platform should be executed well and convey exactly what you want your audience to know about your brand.
Need help determining your visual identity? From branding and graphic design to motion design and videography, our expert creative team is here to help. Schedule a quick chat with a Smirk team member today and we’ll start strategizing.