Top 10 May 2023 Social Media Updates
Summer is right around the corner, and it’s time to digest the latest big changes from your favorite social media giants. We’re back with our monthly update series!
Staying Tuned In
In the past few years, if you’ve learned one thing as a brand, it’s likely the importance of a strong and thought-out social media presence. With new elements being introduced and sometimes quickly snatched away, it’s key to keep plugged in on what’s developing in the world of social media.
Well-crafted, personalized campaigns are the best way to grab your audience’s attention and get your brand in front of those who count.
- New monetization features are now available for Creators, including Effect Creator Rewards and the Creativity Program Beta
- Stories can soon be scheduled via third-party platforms
- Ads in search results are now available via Instagram’s Marketing API
- You can add GIFs to your comments
- Job listings now include verification elements to prove authenticity
- Meta drops new lead generation updates to the platform, including promotional ads, instant forms and more
- Community posts are now available to all channels
- The platform introduces 30-second unskippable ads to YouTube Select
- New playback speed controls have been added to videos
- Twitter Blue Subscribers can now upload videos up to 2-hours long
- Picture-in-picture video playback is now available to all users as you scroll through the app
Make It Count
Developing a social media strategy is way, way more than just participating in every social media trend that catches your eye. It’s important to have a deeper understanding of who your target audience is and what exactly they’re looking for — what will make them engage, click or convert? We can help you answer that question.