Top 10 February 2023 Social Media Updates
It may be the shortest month of the year, but that doesn’t mean February was short on updates to your favorite social media platforms. We’re back with the latest installment of our monthly round-up series.
Getting A New Perspective
You’ll notice a trend in the updates below — in addition to enhancing user experience, major social platforms are looking to attract brands by making it easier to advertise and analyze their growth in meaningful, measurable ways.
With these and other new opportunities on the horizon, how can your brand really know where it stands? An audit from Smirk gives a comprehensive view of your company’s online presence, helping to identify key opportunities on these platforms and beyond. Audits are great benchmarks to have before you kick off a new marketing initiative, enhance existing efforts or simply need fresh insight. Knowledge is power for brands online, and your brand could be overdue for a power-up.
While you reflect on your brand’s needs, explore this month’s top 10 list of social media updates:
- Creators can no longer tag products in livestreams
- All eligible US Reels creators can now receive virtual gifts from their viewers
- A new strike-based account enforcement system targets repeat offenders
- The platform adds insight into top-performing products in the Creative Center
- SMS-based two-factor authentication will soon only be available to Twitter Blue subscribers
- Twitter Blue subscribers can now publish tweets up to 4,000 characters long
- Pin video length has been extended to 5 minutes
- Users can now reply to comments with a Short
- Brands can buy exclusive timeslots surrounding big events via the new Cost-Per-Hour Masthead
- A new comment reply filter aims to help creators continue conversations with viewers
- The platform tests new podcast management features allowing creators to create and manage podcasts in the YouTube Studio app
Starting Out Strong
Understanding your brand’s current digital presence is the best way to kickstart your year. Our audits help brands gain a clear view of where they stand within their industry. Our team of experts analyze your website, social media presence, reputation and more.
Ready to get insight into your brand’s performance? Ensure success in 2023 by setting up a free consultation with Smirk.