Top 10 January 2023 Social Media Updates
A new year means new social media updates. After a much-needed break in December, we’re starting 2023 off strong with the latest edition of our monthly round-up series.
Getting a jump start on your digital strategy for 2023 means setting some clear and attainable goals for your brand. Where do you see yourself this time next year? What are the steps you need to take in order to get there? Outlining your game plan is the key to having a successful year — when it comes to achieving goals, strategy is everything.
Here are the top social media updates that should be on your radar while strategizing your content in early 2023:
- The platform will switch its focus back to prioritizing photos in 2023
- Users can now flip between their regular profile photo and their Meta avatar
- Business profiles can add a lead form as a CTA option
- A new “Quiet Mode” will help users take a break from the app
- The Shop tab will disappear with an update to the platform’s navigation bar
- Businesses can now sign up for the “Verification for Organization” subscription option
- A new swipeable timeline option allows users to switch between “For You” or “Following” feeds
- Political ads will be allowed once again, along with a relaxing of the platform’s cause-based ads rules
- Former US President Donald Trump will be allowed back on all Meta platforms
Planning your entire year out can be a very daunting task. We don’t know what 2023 has in store for us — with platforms constantly throwing curveballs, you always have to be ready to roll with the punches. Luckily, we’ve got a team of experts ready to guide you through the vast digital jungle. Reach out to a Smirk team member and start your journey today.