Signs It’s Time for a Digital Audit
A digital audit is a great way for growing brands to identify strengths and weaknesses in their current online presence. In turn, established brands can use regular digital auditing to maintain their standing and discover new opportunities for audience engagement and growth.
What is a Digital Audit?
Our digital audit analyzes your website, social media presence, reputation and more to establish a clear benchmark for your brand’s online presence. Our team compiles our findings into an easy-to-read report that includes data points, takeaways and recommendations that can be passed on to your company’s key stakeholders.
Here’s a brief overview of what you’ll receive in a comprehensive digital audit with Smirk:
- A custom, presentation-ready report tailored to your brand and unique business goals
- SEO, Domain Authority and Google ranking evaluation
- Website performance report
- Website ADA compliance evaluation, including a thorough review of accessibility standards that could come under scrutiny in the event of a lawsuit
- A deep dive into your social media performance, reputation and community engagement
- Comprehensive competitor analysis
- Personalized marketing recommendations to improve lead generation and audience growth
Audits help us get a full scope of a brand’s place online. This research is always fun to dive into and is a great way to familiarize yourself with a new client.
Trey Rhoades, Smirk Strategist
What Can You Gain From an Audit?
Whether you’re using it to kick off a new marketing initiative, enhance existing efforts or simply need fresh insight, these audits provide concrete data and a professional analysis of your brand’s online performance.
With an audit, you’ll receive a blueprint that will help you:
- Determine where your brand stands against market competitors
- Identify key strengths and weaknesses in your current strategy
- Review your business goals against current industry best practices
- Pursue new growth opportunities
Who Needs an Audit?
Every business regardless of size or industry can benefit from the clarity and expert advice that an audit provides. Even if you’re just looking to make an incremental step in your brand’s road to success, a digital audit can make it an informed and effective one.
Audits are essential for business owners to establish a digital baseline for their brand and work on areas that need improvement, including identifying any immediate issues that need to be addressed on their website or social media accounts. If you aren’t taking initiative with your brand’s digital presence, there’s a near-certain risk of being left behind by those that do.
Clara Wilson, Smirk Strategist
When is it Time for an Audit?
It’s never a bad time to review or enhance your strategy — in fact, it’s how you stay relevant. If any of these points resonate with you, it’s time for a digital audit:
- You feel like your brand’s growth is at a standstill
- You’re worried that your brand is falling behind your biggest competitors
- You want to identify new opportunities for your business
- You’ve recently had a change in your Marketing or Communications department
- You have key stakeholders in your business that need an easy-to-understand document that breaks down all digital marketing performance
- You’re rebranding and need a useful benchmark before the change
It’s What We Do Best
Over the past decade, Smirk has conducted over a hundred brand audits across dozens of industries — they’re our secret sauce. Every project we touch begins with a comprehensive audit. It’s the first step in what we call our Client Journey and is a key component in how we help brands by establishing the benchmarks that will measure their success in the digital realm.
Interested in a standalone audit for your brand or want to learn more about our retainer marketing services? We’d love to hear from you.