Top 15 August 2022 Social Media Updates
August was a hot month for social media updates. With so much going on, we’ve expanded our monthly list of platform updates to 15 so you can continue to stay on top of trends and keep your social strategy sharp.
2023 is right around the corner — if you aren’t mapping out your strategy for the upcoming year, you’re already behind. It’s vital that you have a roadmap to guide you and your brand through this year and into the next.
With that in mind, here are the top 15 social media updates you should know about:
- New content template options are available for post creation
- Users now have the option to pin a comment in a post’s reply section
- The platform is testing a new ‘Discover’ feed that highlights recommended content based on your in-app activity
- You can now add a clickable link sticker to your posts
- A new IG Candid feature currently in testing aims to copy the popular app BeReal
- Audience behavior insights are now available to more creators
- Shorts clips will now automatically contain a watermark when
- A new podcast page is available for select US users
- The platform launches a new podcast integration to the Spaces Tab
- A ‘Nearby’ content feed is in testing that displays content from users near your location
- New Shopping Ads have been launched to give brands more ways to promote their products
- Similar to BeReal, the app launches a new dual-camera feature that captures photos and videos from both front and rear cameras
- Reels can now be scheduled in Meta’s Creator Studio app
- New Reels updates include performance insights, auto-created Reels clips and the expansion of the ‘Add Yours’ sticker
- The Meta Advantage program offers new automation tools to help maximize advertisers’ ad spend
Planning for Success
You most likely have a vision of where you want your brand to be in the next few years. However, if you don’t actually sit down and plan out how you’re going to get there, you’re wasting valuable time and resources. Finding the right path toward your objectives is the first step in reaching those goals within the foreseeable future.
Not sure where to begin? That’s okay! Whether it’s a one-time project or an ongoing retainer, Smirk helps brands create a roadmap to success. Let’s see where we can take you — chat with us about 2023 planning.