Top 10 July 2022 Social Media Updates
The summer is flying by and we’re back with the Smirk team’s top 10 platform update series for July.
Getting a Second Opinion
As a brand, you should always be looking for ways to improve your online presence. Getting an outsider’s perspective on your current digital performance can help you identify opportunities to take your strategy to the next level. A comprehensive digital audit from Smirk will provide you with just that — plus, it comes in an easy-to-read report.
Take a look at this month’s key platform updates:
- To simplify managing multiple accounts, LinkedIn is rolling out their own Business Manager
- A new ‘Carousel’ post option is being tested
- New loyalty badge and description text markup options have been introduced
- YouTube’s new Shopify partnership allows merchants to feature products in their Explore tab
- All videos under 15 minutes will be automatically uploaded as Reels
- You can boost your Reels within the Instagram app
- Instagram Maps now includes a business search tool
- To enhance TikTok’s accessibility efforts, new captioning and translation tools have been added
- New filters and options protect users from unwanted content exposure
- Meta launches an update to Facebook’s feed that focuses on posts from friends, groups and Pages in chronological order
A Universal Solution
Everyone can benefit from a digital audit regardless of their industry or business size. A fresh perspective helps you identify your brand’s key strengths, hidden weaknesses and biggest opportunities for improvement.
Still not sure? We get it — and we have an entire list of reasons why you should regularly audit your digital presence. Have questions or want to chat more about what the auditing process would look like for your business? We’d love to hear from you!