Top 10 May 2022 Social Media Updates
Platform changes are heating up as we head into summer. Our monthly series continues as we showcase May’s top social updates.
It’s essential not to just focus on organic content when developing your wider social media strategy. Paid digital advertising can help your posts gain some extra traction and reach a much larger audience — advertising on major platforms like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn also gives you the ability to curate exactly what that audience looks like. Optimizing and enhancing your campaigns during their run will further elevate their success.
Here are Smirk’s top 10 platform updates for May:
- Dynamic Travel Ads will help advertisers reach desired audiences better
- The new Shared Stories option allows users to invite others to add to a collaborative Story
- Users can showcase eBay listings within Snaps
- The platform tests a ‘Clear Mode’ option that will hide app function buttons and descriptions from the screen
- A live subscription feature launches as another opportunity to expand monetization for creators
- New tools have been added to the platform to help credit users for popular trends
- Creators can now host a Space only for Super Followers
- New labels are being tested on tweets that indicate engagement from the author
- Community admins now have the ability to pin tweets to the top of the community timeline
- The platform has relocated comments to appear on the sides of videos
Making the Right Move
There’s a lot of thought that goes into deciding which platforms to leverage for paid advertising and what that content should look like. We can help you figure it all out — in fact, we’ve executed award-winning campaigns for companies of all sizes in multiple industries. It’s our goal to help you reach your target audiences and grow your business. Get in touch with us today and find out how Smirk can help!