Top 10 April 2022 Social Media Updates
April showers bring May flowers… and new changes to your favorite social media sites. Continuing our monthly round-up series, here are April’s biggest platform updates.
Response Time Matters
Managing your online presence is so much more than just making sure your social media pages are consistently updated. A timely, relevant response to your audience’s comments and messages is just as important to your brand’s appearance.
Customers expect businesses to respond to concerns within an hour, yet the average response time across industries is 5 hours. Bridging the gap between brands and their consumers is critical to maintaining your reputation, no matter the size of your business.
Here are Smirk’s list of the top 10 April social media updates:
- Creators now have access to new search insights to help them better understand what their audience is looking for.
- Users will now be able to add music clips to their comments.
- Testing has begun for users to pin photos to their profile.
- Updates made to Instagram’s algorithm puts more focus on original content.
- New Interactive Add-Ons for in-feed ads help creators attract more engagement with their audience.
- The testing of downvotes on comments is being expanded, now prompting users to identify irrelevant or inappropriate content.
- A new ban on ads containing climate change denial has been introduced.
- The platform is testing a feature that allows users to toggle between turning captions on and off on videos.
- Oh, and Elon Musk just bought Twitter for $44 billion.
Managing Your Online Reputation
If you’re a business with multiple locations, juggling social commentary and reviews might feel like a constant chore. Active Response is Smirk’s solution to community reputation management — we use real people (no bots!), custom branded responses, proactive crisis management, data intelligence and a daily schedule to handle incoming messages so you can get back to running your business. National brands like SONIC Drive-In use Active Response to maintain the #1 social response time in the QSR industry.
If you think your multi-location business might be a good fit for Active Response, get in touch with us. If you’re a smaller brand looking to start managing your reputation on the right foot, we can help with that too!