Top 10 June 2022 Social Media Updates
It’s time for another installment of our monthly series highlighting the top 10 platform updates that marketers and business owners should be keeping on their radar.
Getting a Benchmark
The social media updates below aren’t slight tweaks — many of these changes will affect not only how you create content, but what kinds of posts you should be focusing on. It’s important to utilize the appropriate channels strategically rather than just recycling the same content across all of them.
Here’s a look at this month’s hottest updates:
- The platform tests new ways for users to start a Space in the Tweet composer and Retweet menu
- Select users can now utilize Notes, a new long-text blogging format attached to Tweets
- Branded Likes (custom like/dislike animations) are now available for all advertisers
- The new Campaign Planner tool helps advertisers forecast results and develop informed strategies
- The platform introduces event engagement options and an improved repost feature
- A new ‘Funny’ option has been added to the list of Reactions available on posts
- A new editing feature will allow users to add update notes to their videos
- Expanded age verification tactics help identify and protect young users
- A new Attribution Manager tool aids in video performance tracking
- The subscription service Snapchat+ is currently in development and will give users access to exclusive experimental app features and tools
Find Your Audience
We’ve known it for a long time — different social platforms appeal to different demographics. This also means that certain types of content perform better on specific platforms. For example, videos now get 49% more engagement than photo posts on Instagram. Once you know where your target demographic spends their time and what kinds of content they enjoy engaging with, you can identify which platforms you need to leverage for brand affinity (and, ultimately, conversions).
Having trouble identifying your target audience? We can help — in fact, our team has decades of experience working with brands to build custom growth-oriented digital strategies. Let’s chat about your plan for Q3 2022.