Top 10 November 2022 Social Media Updates
From little tweaks to full-blown takeovers, we’re in a very transformative period in the social media world right now. In response to Twitter’s overhaul (and impending break), brands are now having to take a step back and examine the risk factors that go along with advertising on specific platforms. For many businesses, plans are changing in real time.
Explore this month’s hottest social media updates:
- Users now have the ability to add a song to Feed photo posts
- A partnership with GitHub provides new training options for software developers
- Advertisers can use the new Brand Safety hub to learn about LinkedIn’s partner platforms and create allow lists and block lists
- The app extends its support for additional languages
- Meta is removing religious, political and sexual preference sections from user’s profiles
- A new option lets users make themselves moderators of groups
- The platform launches a new in-app shopping experience
- In partnership with the fitness app Strava, users can share their fitness activity with a new lens
- Brands have the ability to showcase products in Snaps with the platform’s new BigCommerce integration
- Elon has been keeping busy with his Twitter takeover…
Ending the Year Strong
We’re nearing the end of 2022, and what a busy year it’s been. While it’s a great time to reflect on all that you’ve accomplished so far, it’s important not to lose sight of your goals for the remainder of the year — are your holiday plans in order? Any last-minute pivots that need to be made? Starting your year with no loose threads and a strong foundation is a gift you can give yourself!
Need some insight on how to jumpstart your strategy for the new year? Schedule a quick chat with a Smirk team member before the end of the month.