Top 10 September 2022 Social Media Updates
With the holiday season around the corner and major platforms like Meta constantly throwing updates at their audiences, it’s crucial to identify where and how social media can be leveraged in your brand’s wider digital strategy. Check out the latest updates below as we continue our ongoing series.
Q4 Holiday Planning
Last year, holiday retail saw its biggest growth in 17 years, and sales are forecasted to reach 1.3 trillion this season. With these heavy-hitter predictions, there’s no doubt that these last few months of 2022 are a huge opportunity for your brand.
Here’s a list of the Smirk team’s top 10 social media updates that could elevate your approach this season:
- Testing is underway on a new Repost feature allowing users to reshare other user’s content to their feed or Story
- Videos under 60 seconds on Stories will no longer be split into 15-second segments
- The platform introduces a new program that provides more direct monetization options for Shorts creators
- Creators can now reply to comments with a Short
- All users now have the option to downvote comments on videos they find irrelevant or inappropriate
- The platform expands its video description field from 300 to 2,200 characters
- New restrictions are being introduced for politically-affiliated accounts
- Select users can now add up to five guests to their live stream
- A direct replica of BeReal, TikTok Now, is available for download in the app store
- A new feature allows users to switch between multiple Facebook and Instagram profiles seamlessly
Start Strategizing for 2023
Major social platforms are continuously creating new ways for your audience to share and interact with content. Take it from us — identifying meaningful, authentic ways for your brand to leverage these tools and updates is what will help you stand out from the competition.
Not much of a planner? That’s okay! We can help. Smirk’s team of experts is ready to get your social media strategy for next year into gear. We currently have client openings for Q1 2023. Reach out today and secure your spot.