Top 10 October 2022 Social Media Updates
Reflecting on 2022
Take stock of your brand’s achievements as well as missteps — what were some of your most significant accomplishments? How about areas that you can improve? Think it’s time to consider a website redesign or maybe even a brand refresh? Taking a step back and honestly evaluating your position as a brand is a tried and true way to stay relevant and find new growth.
Here’s a taste of some of the most significant social media updates we’ve collected this past month that you can adopt into your future planning:
- New live-stream safety features include an updated keyword filtering tool for comments, participant age limit increased from 16 to 18 along with a new “adults-only” category
- A partnership with LinkTree expands referral link options for Creators
- Expanded editing and creation tools include Photo Mode and longer descriptions
- A new native post scheduling feature has rolled out to select users
- The platform is testing an option to allow users to add songs to their profile
- Users can now add a wide range of popular songs to Idea Pins
- New “Post” and “Page” sticker options are available to drive more traffic to your posts
- Automated captions are now available on videos to improve accessibility
- Testing is underway on the ability to add a co-author to your Reels
- Elon Musk has officially acquired Twitter and fired their top executives
An Award-Winning Year
2022 proved to be another record-breaking year for the Smirk team. We continued our streak of being the winningest agency at the AMAOKC Marketing Excellence Awards by bringing home 22 awards — and our own President and Managing Partner Allie Carrick was named Young Marketing Pro of The Year.
Smirk is now accepting clients for Q1 and Q2 2023. Chat with a team member today and let’s get to work on your all-star year.