By: Kurtis Wiles
Social media is an ever-changing and ever-evolving marketing tool. The most popular platforms continuously grow and diversify to draw broader audiences for marketers. Statistical information posted about current social media practices and consumption is often outdated within three months. Staying up-to-date on the current trends and patterns is essential for true social media marketing and business success.
Here are the most recent social media statistics across some of the most popular platforms:
Thanks to Facebook, many companies are not taken seriously without a social media presence anymore. Sharing relevant and information-rich content on a consistent basis is essential to increase traffic, extend your brand and generate leads to your website.
- Over 1.15 billion people are now registered users on Facebook.
- 23% of Facebook users login at least 5 times per day.
- 47% of Americans admit to Facebook being the top influencer of their buying decisions.
- 70% of marketers acquire new customers through Facebook.
- On average, Americans spend 16% of every hour on Facebook.
- Over one million web pages can accessed with the “Login with Facebook” feature.
Twitter has become the fastest growing social network in recent years that can have a serious impact on your business. Telling short stories through video, images and the forever-classic hashtag have become a staple in any serious marketing strategy.
- There are now 550 million registered users and 215 million active monthly users.
- Twitter achieved a growth rate of 44% between 2012 and 2014.
- Over 34% of marketers use Twitter for lead generation.
The social network powered by the most influential search engine, Google+ is all the more powerful due to its increasing influence on search rankings. With only three years on the social media scene, Google+ has literally changed the nature of content marketing.
- There are now over 1 billion enabled accounts and 359 million active monthly users.
- Google+ had a 33% growth rate last year.
- People aged 45 to 54 years old have increased their usage on Google+ by 56% since 2012.
Bonus – Big Picture & Visual Mediums
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media.
- 71% of those users access their social media from a mobile device.
- Youtube has over one billion active monthly users
- Pinterest has 20 million active monthly users
- Instagram has 150 million active monthly users
Social media can incite serious marketing and sales results, however, real results come from understanding your audience and creating content that fulfills their needs and expectations. Every piece of your social media presence is necessary to create a web of successful marketing and follower relationships. Take advantage of Facebook’s active population, Twitter’s growing popularity and hashtag phenomenon and other up-and-coming mediums to realize real social media and business success.