Top 5 September 2021 Social Media Updates
The leaves are changing and so are some of the top social media platforms. Going into the fall season, new tools and features are being introduced daily — and some are already being reevaluated (RIP Twitter Fleets).
On Our Radar
Staying up-to-date with platform changes is our team’s specialty. It’s this knowledge that enables us to serve our clients with relevant recommendations, particularly in our Comprehensive Digital Audits.
We use audits to take a critical look at not only a client’s website, but also how they’re utilizing their social media accounts. Taking a deep dive into their brand’s presence — with trends and relevant platform features in mind — helps us identify any opportunities they’re missing out on. Learn more about receiving a Digital Brand Audit from Smirk.
Below, you’ll find our take on September’s newest and most noteworthy social media platform updates.
- The social media giant introduces a range of business connection tools, including new options to test organic posts within Creator Studio
- Improvements to video uploads will provide a higher-quality viewing experience for users
- The platform is testing an option that will allow users to pin videos to the top of their profile
- LinkedIn’s creator monetization push continues with the rollout of paid virtual events
- New third-party integrations allow users to connect lead generation forms to popular third-party apps like Mailchimp and Gmail
New tools and features aside, it doesn’t matter how on top of social media updates you are if you’re sending users to a broken website.
Site performance can make or break your brand’s overall SEO, no matter how strong your social media presence is. In addition to being mobile-friendly and easy to navigate, it’s crucial that your website receives regular content and performance updates.