Top 10 November 2021 Social Media Updates
With the holiday season in full swing, November was stuffed full of new platform updates. Around this time of year, social traffic spikes 73%, and 90 million people do their gift shopping on at least one major social media platform — in fact, making sure servers can keep up with this increased activity is a top priority for developers.
We Know Social Media
Staying on top of newsworthy updates is part of Smirk’s daily routine. Shifting our digital strategies to leverage platform changes and innovative features is just one way our award-winning team members create award-winning campaigns for our clients — and hey, did we mention the awards?
Find out what updates your brand should be looking out for in the coming months.
- Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey announces he’s stepping down from his position, effective immediately.
- Product-focused ads can run without a disclaimer as Facebook relaxes its social issues policy.
- The platform plans to remove Detailed Targeting options relating to sensitive topics will be removed in January 2022.
- Live stream badges are now available to all eligible creators in the US.
- In an effort to limit the misuse of the feature, the platform is removing the display of the dislike counter on videos.
- Inspired by TikTok, Instagram adds voice effects and text-to-speech options to Reels.
- Users will now have the ability to remove individual posts from carousels after they have been posted.
- A multi-format ad set option is being introduced to help expand reach.
- Google Ad Insights adds new features to help predict consumer trends.
- LinkedIn adds LinkedIn Live and newsletters to Creator Mode.
New Year, New Updates
As the year comes to an end, so does our monthly roundup series (for now). Be sure to keep an eye on the Smirk blog to follow our internal updates and commentary on any noteworthy platform changes in January.
We’re currently accepting new clients for Q1 2022, so make sure to schedule your free consultation before the end of this year to put your brand on track for success.