Top 10 March 2023 Social Media Updates
As Q1 draws to a close, top social media platforms continue to roll out competitive and user-focused features. We’re back with our monthly update series to help inform your brand’s platform strategy going into the spring!
Spring Cleaning Your Socials
Start Q2 off on the right foot by reviewing each of your social media profiles and listings thoroughly — are your bios current? Are your hours clearly listed? Is your address easily discoverable? It’s crucial that your pages represent your business in the best and most uniform way possible, from information accuracy to brand affinity.
After you’ve refreshed your profiles, consider March’s top 10 social media updates:
- The platform tests the ability to play Reels in full-length in Stories
- Advertisers can now choose between two new advertising options, reminder ads and ads in search results
- Live audio events and native post-scheduling are now available for Pages
- Premium users now have the option to add an AI-generated headline or ‘About’ summary to your profile
- Twitter Blue is going through a lot of changes, including a new ID verification process for Twitter Blue users, removing legacy verified checkmarks and allowing only verified accounts to appear in For You recommendations
- A new option to opt-in for notifications for any tweet is currently being tested
- A new ‘Watch’ feed enables users to scroll through a stream of videos
- Users can now refresh their For You feed if they no longer find their recommendations relevant
- Creators can offer premium content users can pay to access in a new feature called ‘Series’
First Impressions Matter
Remember those social media profiles and business listings we mentioned above? They’re often a potential customer’s introduction to your brand. Nailing that first impression doesn’t usually happen by accident — it’s a direct result of putting positive, focused effort into your digital presence. If someone runs into roadblocks when trying to learn more about your business, you’ll probably lose a sale.
Need help with profile and listings maintenance or building brand awareness? Schedule a chat with a Smirk team member today.