Top 10 March 2022 Social Media Updates
Optimize Your Profiles
Your brand’s social media pages are often the first impression someone gets from your business. We can’t emphasize this enough — optimizing your social profiles is imperative to instilling brand trust in customers and prospects alike.
Your profiles should be fully optimized and contain all the information someone needs to know about your business — a link to your website, appropriately sized cover photos, and branded profile photos.
Check out Smirk’s list of the top updates to watch for this spring.
- The platform is rolling out new live stream features including full-screen mode, guests and more.
- All Users will soon be able to tag products in their posts.
- Creators can assign a moderator to their Instagram Live Streams.
- An algorithm-free feed option is now available.
- You can now locate specific DMs with the addition of keyword search.
- Influencers are able to track how much they’re making on the app through the new Creator Dashboard.
- The platform is testing new improvements to alt-text descriptions, including on-image badges and expandable captions.
- Merchants can choose up to 50 products to spotlight within the app through the Twitter Shops feature currently in beta testing.
- The platform expands their new stories feature to more users.
In 2021, 93% of internet users reported primarily accessing the web through their mobile devices — with that in mind, along with Google’s move to mobile-first indexing, your website (and any images on your social media pages) must be optimized for screens of all sizes.