We have great news — our team is growing! We’re looking for a new full-time Strategist and it just might be you. Find the position description below.
Digital Marketing Strategist
LOCATION: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
TIME REQUIREMENT: FT 40 Hours / Week
Smirk New Media is looking for an experienced communicator and innovative marketing pro to join our team in Oklahoma City.
Our strategists are problem-solvers for our clients’ digital marketing needs. They work on a range of projects, promoting and protecting our client’s online success with great content and informed strategy. We love how words work on the web.
Working with our senior staff, strategists collaborate on client social media strategies and are responsible for day-to-day execution of social media campaigns; tasks include creative brainstorming, content creation, monitoring, profile maintenance, frequent engagement/conversation, customer service, targeting and managing advertising campaigns and analyzing metrics.
We need a team player who can wear a wide range of hats (these are metaphorical, you will not be required to actually wear a hat), will take ownership of his or her projects, and can move seamlessly between the strategic and the tactical.
Smirk New Media’s team is a diverse powerhouse of web content, marketing, public relations, media and writing experience. We are one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the region, working with brands of all sizes from local businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We love what we do, who we work with and we’re passionate about going above and beyond for our clients. We continuously challenge ourselves to deliver more creative, cohesive and engaging content to help our clients stand out from the crowd — and we have a great time doing it.
What we’d like to see:
- Creative, versatile self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Experience advocating for social media marketing best practices and an awareness of emerging content strategy trends, tools and technology. We are passionate about what the digital space can do for our clients and our community.
- Active accounts across key social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. If you haven’t updated your account since attending your aunt’s birthday party in 2013, we’ll notice.
- Strong verbal and writing skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage the many details that need to come together to create big impact for our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop digital marketing strategies that meet client objectives.
- Write creative, engaging client marketing content specific to each social media platform.
- Craft website copy using effective SEO practices for client websites.
- Stay current on the latest digital trends.
- Consistently analyze account metrics on engagement and follower growth and adapt content strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate closely with our group of strategists in design, strategy, and production of client websites and social media channels.
- Prepare monthly reports to update staff/clients on predetermined metrics.
- Work in a laid back, yet ambitious team culture with a flexible schedule
- The opportunity to work with an interesting and varied group of clients
- Unlimited access to the Ms. Pac Man machine in our office
That enough? If you’re up for it, let us know.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.