Month: May, 2013
The devastation in Oklahoma yesterday is almost unimaginable. I’ve lived through this before, and even wrote about it. Oklahoman’s are amazing people. Any time tragedy strikes, we rise up and take action. It’s a great feeling to know so many people have my back if the need calls.
Many of my readers ask: How can I help? Non perishable donations are always great, but oftentimes monetary donations can be used for the weeks and months to come when needed the most. Here’s a list of current organizations you can donate to:
(As of May 21st, 9am)
- American Red Cross: Text REDCROSS to 90999 for a $10 donation or visit Red Cross Central & Western Ok
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma: Text FOOD to 32333 to donate $10 to Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma or visit their website for online donations here.
- Salvation Army: Text STORM to 80888 to make $10 donation or visit the Salvation Army website.
- Feed the Children: Click here for their website or drop off donations at the KOCO station located at 1300 E Britton Road today until 4pm today or at their distribution center 29 N. McCormick Ave in OKC.
- Catholic Charities OK: Visit https://ccokc.ejoinme.org/?tabid=406485 to donate to the OK chapter
- Central Oklahoma Humane Society: Donate online at http://www.okhumane.org/ or drop off donations at 7500 N. Western Ave. Oklahoma City
- Bella Foundation: Donate online: http://www.thebellafoundation.org/
- The Oklahoma Blood Institute will need donations from now THROUGH JULY. Find a location here: https://www.yourbloodinstitute.org/donor/schedules/geo
- People’s Church is taking donations for storm victims at both their Midwest City and Oklahoma City campus. More information at www.peopleschurch.tv/storms